Thursday, March 28, 2013

Illustrious Illustration!

I've been really focused on 'Wise at Any Age' lately. Mostly because I solved a design problem I was having regarding the layout. Now that that's all taken care of I'm moving through chapter by chapter, sorting things out rapidly and getting it closer and closer to being ready for publication.

Most recently I finished a bunch more illustrations for it. Because this is a handbook for cultivating wisdom I want it to appeal to all sorts of learning styles. As a visual person I appreciate how well an image can communicate an idea or concept. As a designer it's fun to play with words and images to get something across effectively and aesthetically.

One of the chapters of 'Wise at Any Age' looks at universal wisdom - wisdom based on a deep knowledge of what really is. While there are thousands of examples of wonderful teachers who have embraced and taught with universal wisdom, I selected just a few to illustrate the point:
'Be the change you want to see in the world'
- Gandhi

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all'
- Helen Keller


'Know the rules well so you can break them effectively'
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama



'Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies'
- Nelson Mandela


No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive