Saturday, October 23, 2010

These things I'm learning

I'm officially finished the tutorial part of my course. I've had two classes each in how to use InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Illustrator has been, as I suspected, my favourite bit to play with. I especially enjoyed piecing together a 3D still-life.
I also feel I've picked up how to use the Pen Tool quite easily. As the instructor said:
"The Pen tool is so, so, so difficult, until you know how to use it. And then it's incredible!"

Next week we start on our assignment. The brief? Design our own magazine on any subject we like. Today I put as many images as I could onto a data stick. Last night I purchased a new sketchpad so I can do some more character sketches which can be scanned and vectorised.


My project plan isn't quite solid yet, but I know what I want to create. The ideas keep cropping up, forming a clear image. We shall have to see what Tuesday brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive