Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Limbo


Last night I attended the first of four training courses at Art and Edutainment Creative at the Albany. I wasn't entirely clear on what the course would entail when I first interviewed for it. They themselves didn't seem to know as it was still in development.


Well, it's not a 'job' exactly, but it's a brilliant opportunity. They're training a group of us to help them with the workshops and courses they offer. Essentially they're prepping us to run our own workshops, for which we would get paid. In the mean time they cover our expenses and as volunteers with them we are able to access any of the courses they offer during our training. We've got four classes to attend and then we'll be tagging along with people already running regular workshops, sitting in and providing assistance and learning as we go.


The entire thing has left me buzzing with the possibilities (A 'zine workshop? Painting workshop? Stop-Motion animation? Sculpting?) and realising that I cannot wait for my art supplies to arrive. I'm idle and whilst I continue following up and calling around and applying for jobs, the vast majority of my days feel as if they are going to waste. But not today! Not anymore! Just because I don't have a job to go along with my Visa requirements doesn't mean I don't have a job. I'm an artist and I've got way too many ideas busting out of me at the moment to let them go uncaptured.


I'm off to an employment placement agency this morning and then to the temple. On my way back I'll be stopping off for some canvases, acrylics and brushes. My next tarot card is dying to be done and another piece about Buddhism is brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive