Wednesday, July 7, 2010

London Journal - Sixth Month Anniversary

"How long have you been here, then?" she asked.
"Today is my sixth month anniversary, actually," I replied with a grin.
"Oh wow! Well, happy six months. And do you like it...hate it... not sure?"
"I love it, yeah."

I do. It's got it's ups and downs and it's been difficult at times, but I still love it. I no longer argue, however, when people tell me that coming here was a really big decision. The idea that coming to London might be brave didn't occur to me. I was really only thinking about how foolish it would be for me to stay in Calgary when I knew I wanted to see and do so much. It felt so right and so doable and though I knew there would be challenges I figured nothing would phase me.

Silly me, making assumptions.

It's been difficult, most assuredly, but fully worth it. I can easily say, right now in this moment, that I don't know what to expect for the future. I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me and that's just fine.

In the words of the marvellous Florence:

"I'm not scared to jump
I'm not scared to fall
If there was nowhere to land
I wouldn't be scared
At all"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive