Sunday, December 20, 2009

And then there was Death


In the story of Tarot, Death signifies the end of something that once was and the birth of something new. As a Buddhist I practice letting go of attachment. In western culture I find this is misinterpreted. People take it to mean you shouldn't own anything or want for anything. This is not the case. A lack of attachment simply means you accept the inevitability of change and the impermanence of all things.

The Death card represents this for me. Without change we become stagnant. Without an end there can be no beginnings. These endings are occurring all the time. Each moment that passes we are reborn as someone new and different because each moment we know more than we did the moment before.

I began painting this card ages ago but only finished it recently. Suitably, I finished it right before my ten day journey to London.

In the last year I found my own inner wisdom, faced an unknown path and have found a new beginning.


I have fifty 16X24 reproductions of the Death Tarot Card available for $50 each before January 6th.


Contact faunawolf@gmail.com to order one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive