Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One week!

It seems strange to think that, in one week, I will be leaving for London.

It all began when I suggested to my mum (following watching 'Love Actually' for the umpteenth time.) that we spend Christmas in London in 2010. Then I figured, if I'm going for Christmas, why not go four or six months prior and get a chance to explore the United Kingdom? I began researching Visa's and when I found SWAP it was an obvious choice and seemed a great idea to go for at least a year. I figured I'd have enough funds by Spring but my car accident changed all that. Certainly, it was an inconvenience to go through the physio and have to get a new car and all that, but the end result of a nice chunk of money to compensate for personal damages eliminated my debt and bumped by departure date to January.


I remember when I made the decision. It was in the summer and January seemed a very long way off. People would ask if I was leaving soon and I'd say, "Oh not really. Months yet."


Well it's one week away now.


But it's more than just a move to a new country that I'm looking forward to. I'm suddenly in a very different position as far as my art goes and where I see myself going in the next two years. My Visa will guarantee me a place in the UK, whilst I explore and learn and grow. My own sense of self and my personal motivation to be successful as an artist spur me on and millions of possibilities await me in a city eight times larger than the one I've lived in my whole life.

As I embark on this adventure I'm open to everything and anything.

Today I'm going to try and finish this painting.

1 comment:

  1. Hey missy!
    It's Steph Bailey. I just stumbled upon your blog, what a wonderful collection of your writings. I'm both envious and proud of you. I miss the UK terribly, it holds such a special place in my heart.

    SWAP is an amazing program, I used it for my Irish visa and I plan to use it again when I go back. I'm planning on flying back into Dublin for Feb and will have a stop over in London; perhaps a coffee between us is in order?

    I hope all is well and that your loving your adventure. Travel is the best teacher and be sure to relish every moment, it's amazing how time flies on the road.

    Love and hugs,

    Steph.

    ReplyDelete

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive