Friday, November 13, 2009

Jet Lagged




London is seven hours ahead of Calgary.

London is the same area of Calgary with a population of six million.

The Underground is the primary mode of transport.

It's also known as the Tube or, to tourists who 'mis-pronounce' Tube, the Subway.

The different tube lines are distinguishable by the colour of the poles on the trains.

Space is limited so everything in London is small, including appliances, cars and cats.

London is really old and the pipes are still lead in a lot of areas so it's a good idea to let the water run from the tap for a bit before drinking it.

Mind the gap.

Jaywalking is compulsory.

The tube stations are closer to each other than they seem when taking the train. Get out and walk and you will realise how close everything is.

Spell realise with an 's', not a 'z'.

Pick up a London AtoZ as it will ensure you never get lost, as long as you can read a map.

I've got a handy check list of things to complete before I depart in January. As far as art goes, I want to complete one more tarot painting and finish my 'Dragon a Day' project. Whilst I was in London getting my foothold my mum fired all the clay dragons I've made in the past few months. I'll be glazing those shortly, very likely on Sunday. In the mean time I'm just going to work on re-setting my body clock so I don't crash at 6:00pm and wake up at 4:00am.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive