Monday, November 16, 2009

Keeping busy

Seven weeks to go and I'll be back across the pond!

I've been applying for jobs like mad, mostly at bookshops and art supply stores, although I've looked into a few tattoo parlours and art galleries too. Knowing where I live and understanding the post code system of London is brilliant. I'm so chuffed I went for the ten day visit.

"Make a well-considered choice and don't look back. This is the wisest approach."

I've also been seeking out arts based opportunities. I cannot, with the Visa I have, be self employed, but that doesn't mean I can't dabble in what it will be like when I am. I've found a few fantastic sites based in the UK. One such site sent out their newsletter with an incredible residency opportunity. Unfourtunately they're conducting interview for it between January 5 - 8th. Even if I am there by the 6th, I'll be ridiculously jet lagged.

I but my plane ticket on Friday. Depending what day I pick, I may still apply for it. Imagine, a fortnight in Lincolnshire, working with gallery owners and fellow artists, exhibiting your work and creating more.

Why not, right?

In other news, my clay dragons have all been fired and I've begun painting them. I painted the clay version of Spoonwinkle. I'm terribly pleased with him. He is so very adorable.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive