Thursday, October 29, 2009

Death

In Tarot the Death Card represents change.

In three days I will be boarding a plane to London. I'll be spending ten days there, getting job interviews and finding a foothold for my January departure.

Two months ago I got fed up with working for someone else and began working for myself. I launched my Etsy site and began dedicating my personal time to my artwork and writing. I shifted my way of thinking to seeing my art as my job, as a potential source of income and as a path I could choose to walk.

Two months from now I will have a new home in a different country. I will have a new source of income to sustain me and I will be meeting new people.

A year ago my life was a blank slate. It was unknown entities and it was pure potential.

A year from now I have no way of determining what I'll be doing or who I am.

In this moment, all I know is that change is inevitable, beautiful, terrifying, perfect, to be expected and what makes life worth living.

The thirteenth card in a Tarot deck...the eighth card I've completed painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive