Saturday, October 3, 2009

From Start to Finish!

Oh joy!

So I was commissioned to make a costume for a six year old. A Venus Flytrap with the Fly included.

I do so love making costumes. I've always done them for myself, though. This is the first time I got to make one for someone else. At first I was a bit apprehensive. I knew exactly what I'd do and how to do it, but I chose a material I haven't often worked with. Fortunately, I was inspired by having a subject. I create art with so much more enthusiasm when I have an idea of who it is for. I love doing artwork for myself, of course, but the inspiration to do so isn't always there. The second you give me a subject, someone to have in mind whilst I work, the flow of creative energy is practically unstoppable!


So, done in a day, I present: Venus Flytrap.

Now it just needs a fitting. I'm certain the person who requested such a costume will give it full approval. If she's anything like me, and she sounds like she just might be, then the result should be just what she was looking for...fly and all.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! That is the best costume idea ever. It looks wicked! You gotta post pictures of the kid with it on later.

    ReplyDelete

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive