Thursday, September 18, 2014

Experimenting

When I purchased my leather tools I also ordered a new chunk of leather as the first piece I ordered was nearly used up. I went with the recommendation of the supplier this time around and got a slightly thinner piece. 

This was my first mask using the thinner leather, which is more pliable to begin with. I'm a bit dubious about it though as the thicker stuff, whilst more challenging to cut and a bit more difficult to mould, feels really solid once it's dry. 

I'll continue experimenting but I feel like the thinner leather is probably better suited to smaller, simple just over the eye masks whilst the thicker stuff will hold up better with more elaborate pieces. 

Regardless, I'm quite looking forward to finishing this particular mask. 

Drawn out my pattern on paper. 

Traced the pattern onto the leather

Cut out and carved 
Moulded!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive