Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Finding answers

"I love how you have a profound answer for everything :)" says the tweet on my feed. I reply that I don't consider myself to be profound, just repeating things which make good sense to me, which I too find difficulty remembering sometimes - all in 140 characters or fewer, of course.

"Well, it helps me out so you're doing something right! :)" comes the cheerful reply.

I like this. It makes me happy that something I passed on to someone has helped them in some way, hopefully to make them see that they are capable. I can't take credit for it. I just consider myself to have been the right person at the right time.

I know I've been fortunate in life to know so many people who have given encouragement and support unconditionally as I venture forth. I consider my so called 'profound' statements as a bi-product of that. Plus I'm a straight forward kinda gal. I don't believe in fiffy-faffing about (to use a very English saying) when I can get right to the point. If someone presents me with a problem I will offer a solution. If I find myself with a problem I only share it as a way of asking for help, of seeking solutions from those around me.

Ultimately though, change can only be implemented by me, myself and I. Someone can offer advice, give support, provide ideas or just say something sensible which seems profound in its simplicity, but unless you're willing to do the work it won't amount to much.

Here's to always doing the work and knowing that learning never stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive