Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Galavanting in London

I was going to share a link to all the newly taken photos of elephants I managed to capture today but alas, my flickr limit for the month is reached so they will have to wait. I'll just let you know that I captured many, many more elephants on camera today and they're all wonderfully delightful. I especially liked the Elephant with the City within, which is too brilliant to hold off on sharing.

At first I thought it was a bit creepy looking. It seemed like it had a skin disease. Then I spotted the title and deduced that they were little windows for looking into, so I did.

I can't say this is my favourite elephant, but it's probably in my top five (Keeping in mind that there are over two-hundred of them and I've seen about fifty). You can take a look at my previous elephant hunting photos and see why it's difficult to choose just one, or even a top five actually.

To add to my art-tastic experience I made a return trip to the Tate Modern. It hasn't changed too much since my last visit, but there were a few new installations and it was fun to re-visit the old.

It is an immense building that requires a lot of walking so by the time I got home I was knackered. This didn't stop me from spouting absolute *glee* at finding a package waiting for me in the doorstep. My plaster cast has arrived! This means I can start making masks again. I already have a commission for a hare mask, which I may be able to start this weekend. Besides that, having plastic cast means I can add sculpture to my paintings, which I've done successfully once before and would love to try again.

Even though you can't see it, trust me that I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive