Sunday, June 13, 2010

Adventures in Blogging!

I used to dislike Blogs because I felt like anyone and everyone could have on and most of them seemed to go by the wayside or be of little importance to anyone but the writer. This was probably because my personal experience with a blog was my very own diaryland account, where I expelled my teenage angst throughout high school and into my young adulthood. I used it for my own whims and much of what I wrote on it held a voyeuristic quality I no longer adhere to. When I chose not to continue with it, to lock it permanently and cease entries, I felt my days of online self expression were over and done with.

I'd begun this blog at that point but I was making a staunch effort to keep it Just About Art. It was stale and I didn't like writing in it because it felt so scripted. My psychologist (bless her) pushed me to use it more, explaining the benefits of it as a social media tool for ones personal business. I paraded out excuses for not wanting to partake but she always had a block for them.

Eventually I gave in and I'm so glad that I did. I've discovered the benefits of them in their full force. I find advice between the lines; direction, tips and tutoring from fellow artists; amusing anecdotes and wonderful opportunities. Blogs opened up so much to me so quickly and every week I find myself visiting the same few. I'm working on it, working on maintaining my own in a healthy way, but also working on how the ones I follow can feed my creativity and business sense.

I've got loads of blogs saved to my RSS feed, but today I began copying those links to my own blog. I know how important this exchange can be and for anyone who has ever felt that no one would want to read what they have to write, remember that there is a huge audience out there. You need only find yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive