Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wise at Any Age book launch!

My official book launch celebration is tomorrow! 


I will be doing a bit of London Square dancing - as in dancing around in various squares of London. Namely, Soho, Leicester and Trafalgar Square! 

If you'd like to come join the fun either as a dancer or as spectator the details are on my Facebook page.

And if you'd like to buy a copy of my book? 

Well, exciting news! You now can! 


Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

There are so many people to thank and there is a page at the back of the book where I mention a select few of those who have given me support through this particular project. This hasn't just been a two year and eight month project of writing and editing and illustrating and designing and editing some more. This has been my entire life of being encouraged to be creative and express myself through words and do whatever I set my mind to.

It's wonderful that I have a book to offer the world but if I'm completely honest, if I just had the one copy - my first proof - that would be enough because that in itself is an astounding thing to hold. I still can hardly believe this is really happening and I am excited to be sharing it with so many people! 

This book began as an article about overcoming mental illness through creativity. It has evolved into something quite different: a toolkit for anyone, regardless of age, who wants to cultivate wisdom. 

It is the creation of inspiration from conversations with friends and family, young and old, who have taught me incredible things and made me open my eyes more and more to the reality of the world we live in. It is the accumulation of lessons learned from difficult people who challenge my ideas, test my limits and show me where I still have work to do. Ultimately it is a reminder that we are never too young, or too old, to gain wisdom. 

Wisdom is not about how long we have lived. It is not about how many experiences we've had. 

It is about the lessons we have learned. 

One of the greatest lessons of my life has been the importance of living it fully. Life doesn't start tomorrow or next week or in a month or when we get the 'right' job or the 'perfect' partner. So if you want something for your life, make it happen.

Believe me. It's worth it. 

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive