Monday, August 23, 2010

Abstract and out of focus...

I ordered several canvases a few weeks ago. It was an incredibly fantastic deal and I was eager about having ten assorted canvases delivered to my door. As it was, they arrived and one of the boxes was damaged.Upon opening it I discovered that two of the canvases had been damaged as well. One had a puncture in it whilst the other has a small hole along the side. Nothing too major, but definitely worth ringing the company up about. They were hugely accommodating, even offering to hold off on delivering replacement canvases until the following week when I knew I'd be home to exchange the damaged ones.

In the end I didn't have to return the damaged ones. The delivery guy told me he wasn't doing a pick-up, handed off a fresh box, turned and left. I quickly opened the new ones, which had been packed with extra care to avoid the same damage happening this time around. I took them upstairs to add to my stash, pure potential sat in the corner.

Then it was a question of what to do with the other two canvases. They weren't useless. The damage was actually so minimal on one that it could be recovered enough as is. I considered taking the torn one and re-stretching it on a smaller frame. I was discussing this with my partner, who suggested I just use it as is see where the torn canvas takes me art.

A brilliant idea, if you ask me.

The result is slowly unfolding. Each time I pick up a brush and work on it I feel almost as if there is no thought to my actions. I just do and the growing colours and pattern laves m feeling satisfied. No picture to share for this one. I'm just going to let it reveal itself in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive