Thursday, May 29, 2014

Life after Life - A Book Review!

And so we bring you another book review!


The year I read more books than my dad was also the year I discovered Kate Atkinson. I instantly fell in love with her style of writing, her incredibly wonderful characters, and the twists and turns her books take. I read every one of her books excluding her collection of short stories that very year so I've been waiting for a new novel from her ever since.

This is her latest book and it is one of her best in my opinion. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it pulls rank in the top ten books I've ever read.

As with most of her books, the initial chapters are a muddle as the story unfolds. There is tension and mystery but just enough to comprehend and want to learn more. I found this particular book a bit like watching 'Inception'. It's almost confusing but so intriguing that nothing would stop me from reading.

It's also one of those books that so good it's nearly impossible to put down but also so good I wanted it to last forever. As it was I finished reading it in four days. I simply couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive