Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cheer Up

I'm a big believer in taking time to laugh at life. Laughter is a brilliant medicine and when I'm getting really tired of feeling grumpy or irked or put out I find that looking at the silly and delightful things in life improves my mood immensely.

I'm not talking about ignoring a problem or difficulty. I'm just talking about taking a break from the things which may be causing a lot of stress. Sometimes a good break is all you need to be able to come back and tackle a problem. After a good laugh you'll feel more relaxed. It's a way to clear your head and take a step back - and it's a reminder that you deserve to take breaks!

I suggest making a list of some resources that are definitely going to lighten your mood and remind you not to take life so seriously. Only you will know exactly what will tickle your ribs but I thought I'd share my own personal list for a bit of inspiration. I wholeheartedly stand by these as resources that are guaranteed to make me guffaw.

And they definitely remind me how important it is to relax.

Clients From Hell - Especially good if you're feeling frustrated with people you're working for. If anything, it's a reminder that you're not alone! We all have to deal with stupid people sometimes.

Get Fuzzy - One of my favourite cartoon strips. I've always seen them as Bloom County-esque. Bucky is ridiculous and Satchel is endearing.

George Takei's Facebook Page - I really admire George. He's an activist who uses humour to share his message. I find his posts both entertaining and inspiring.

Hyperbole and a Half - This is an absolute genius blog. She's also a great example of how simple it is to share your talent with the world. If you do what you love people will love you for it.

The Bloggess - Satirical and weird. Totally my kind of humour. Also a brilliant example of how mental illness doesn't have to paralyse you.

I'd love to know what is on your list. Please share below!

www.CreativeLifeCoachLondon.com - I have a new booking page!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive