Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sneakers are for Sneaking

Custom Shoes!

Remember in the nineties when you could buy those really cheap little canvas shoes all over the place? I remember my mum getting them for my birthday one year. She bought tons of fabric paints too and everyone who came over got a pair of shoes and was given free reign to decorate them.


Apparently this stuck.



I made my first pair of rainbow shoes the year after I graduated high school. They lasted several years, traveling with me all the way to Australia where I left them, having lost the soles to hundreds of long walks.



I had a pair I swapped with a best friend. She decorated a pair for me, I did the same for her. Those ones were sparkle-Fantastic.

As with any of my artwork, I prefer not to mass-produce anything prior but to create something unique for the indidivual. They give me inspiration for a design based on what they request. The latest pair I did are the DJ shoes for a good friend of mine. Without Custom Laces I charge $50/pair.




Contact me at faunawolf@gmail.com or check out my listing on Etsy.com to place an order for your own pair of Custom Canvas Shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive