Thursday, May 26, 2011

Important step!


Today I got the receipt of my deposit for my Life Coaching course. I'm hugely excited about it!

I've never been a huge fan of school structure. I'm a very independent learner. If I want to know something I'll go find it out. I'll read about it, research it, work it into conversation - whatever it takes to feel like I know the subject inside and out, or at least until my curiosity is satiated. For this reason I've not done loads of formal schooling. I finished High School, got that diploma and have only dipped in and out here and there with smaller courses such as the design course I took last year or the writing course I did in the winter.

This course is a much large commitment in that it will take a year, rather than a few weeks, to complete. However, it involves very little class time. Most of it is self directed work with modules and a lot of what I spend my free time doing already lends itself well to being a life coach.

I'm really looking forward to the new ideas I'll be presented with by taking this course. It will mean a lot for me not only on a professional level, but on a personal one too. Learning any new skill or taking a course to enhance a skill already present will always push a person to grow. I never shy away from change, from challenging my own ideas about my identity. Not to say I find these changes easy, far from it. It is looking at these difficulties that makes me see where I need to search for less, where I am extremely strong and where I can improve. And there is always room for improvement.

The course doesn't start until September. Between now and then there's a million little things going on and the build up to a few big things, namely, my gallery show in August (Shameless plugging!) but this is a step towards something doing something else I'm really passionate about and therefor it's cause for celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express yourself here
criticize constructively
I am receptive